This series came about due to a shocking and specific sequence of events:
- Since I was born, my father has always worn a mustache.
- I learned to draw mechanical shapes in the form of larger shapes.
- My daughter began to work in shrink film (AKA, Shrinky Dinks).
- The failure to grow a mustache of my own drove me incrementally insane.
- I started a new notebook.
The rest as they say is history, which, like a lot of history involved boring legwork and choices that did not mean very much in the long view. I’ve begun selling tiny mustache replicas. Check back for a link soon. And I found other uses for shrink film with my style, including spectacles.